Monday, February 21, 2011

More Product Management Resources

So I've done a couple of blog posts (here and here) on resources that I like to use to help research the market. Here are some additional resources that I use and would recommend in conjunction with my previous blog post.

  • Google Scholar
    • Every once in while I am researching a topic that may lend itself to some academic research. The best part of this type of research is that the authors are unbiased. However, it may not work very well for more recent business topics. I just like to keep this as a source in my back pocket.
  • Wikipedia
    • Obviously, I don't always believe what is on wikipedia, but it can be a source for additional research. I like to read the links in the "Further Reading" and "References". It's contextual helpful content.
  • Quora
    • I just started using Quora. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it does seem to have content on there that can be helpful. Especially for very nascent or non-mature markets
  • Google Images
    • Often times I'm looking for articles or data to better understand a market forecast or market players. The images search typically helps point me to the right articles that have the richer market insights via some pretty images.
Are there any other tools that you use? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment