Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Where I have been?

So it has been a year since I last posted something on this blog and during this year a lot has changed in my professional life. Let's see I started a job, almost left that job, been promoted, taken on new projects and have been managing a small team. There are times when I reflect back and feel regret, times when I wished I would have zigged rather than zagged.

In all of this, I have learned some things I'd like to share:
  1. Believe in yourself. If you don't no one will believe that you are capable of great things
  2. You can't get caught up in items beyond your control, you have to be honest and polite to everyone. 
  3. When you see an opportunity to learn, run to it, don't walk. Embrace learning.
  4. Reflect - Take a moment every day, every week whatever to just reflect. Jot down a note of what went well and what could have gone better.
  5. Giving is better than receiving - Always look to help others grow. It is through their growth that you will grow.
  6. Always seek feedback - It will help you learn (See #3)
Thanks for reading. Feedback? Are there any lessons you have learned lately that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment