Thursday, September 19, 2013

Preparing for your next career move!

This subject has been on mind quite a bit given my own career shifts and transitions. As that time approaches for me (and in the past) I try and take these types of transitions as a learning and reflective time. So this blog post is my attempt to share some of the questions I ask myself as I make that next career transition.
  • What are the top 3 things that I learned in this job that I can take to my new job?
  • What are the top 3 things I want to change to improve about myself?
  • X years from now I want to be a . What skills do I need to work on to fill the gaps in order for me to get there.
  • What are the top 3 words that I want my new manager/team to say about me after my first 30/60/90 days? How will those impact my actions?
  • What are the key traits I would like to see in my ideal manager?
  • What are the things that frustrate me about people/situations at work?
Thoughts? Do you think I missed anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment